Monday, April 1, 2013

Cravings

People have been asking me about what my cravings have been. For the most part, I wouldn't really say I've had anything super weird or really intense. The first trimester was all about carbs. Pasta, pizza, bread, etc. It was all delicious. Here are a few of the other things I've been craving off and on:

  • Pineapple -- Sometimes when Darren is at band practice, I open a can and eat the entire thing in one sitting. Sometimes I eat half of it after opening the can while standing in the kitchen. 
  • Mango -- I think I ate mango everyday for about three weeks, so good! Thankfully they've kept them in stock all winter long at the grocery store so I've been having it at least a few times a week.
  • Papaya -- When the grocery store had only two mangos the other day, I bought a giant papaya and have been so excited about it. I'm not sure
    Pregnancy cravings.
    Photo from Target. Graham crackers not sold online.
     
    I've ever had this fruit before but when I eat it the girls seem to go crazy kicking around so they must like it too. 
  • Graham Crackers -- Yesterday on Easter I made Darren go to Walgreen at 9 pm to get me Graham Crackers. This might be the first weird thing that I've actually felt compelled to send the husband out in the middle of the night to purchase.
  • Yogurt shakes -- Milk, fruit, yogurt, peanut butter, flax seed, honey, etc.
  • Eggs -- Two a day for breakfast usually.
  • Sandwiches -- Roast beef with melted cheese and tons of veggies.
  • Tortillas -- We've been having a lot of these for dinners with meat/cheese/lettuce/veggies/beans/etc wrapped inside. 
  • Milk -- I just want a giant glass of milk all the time.
  • Hot fudge sundae/milkshake -- I haven't been too obsessed with ice cream but anytime its offered, I certainly don't pass it up. There have been some definite ice cream moments though. If anyone has been craving ice cream, its been Darren. And if he's getting a milk shake, well I'm getting one too! Sympathy cravings! 
  • Cereal -- Multi-grain cheerios mostly. 
  • Peanut butter with celery -- I could eat this snack every day.  
  • Cheese -- I've been buying bars of cheddar and monterrey jack.  
  • Mac cheese -- I almost never let myself eat Kraft macaroni and cheese b/c its so bad for you, but I've had it a few times (okay several times) during my pregnancy with a can of tuna mixed into it. Tuna is healthy though, so I guess that sort of balances it, right?
  • Chocolate -- Well duh, of course I want chocolate. But I love chocolate whether I'm pregnant or not so this isn't a huge shocker. 
Looking over this giant list, I guess I am just craving everything! And for the record, I think pickles are disgusting and would never dip them in ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment