Saturday, April 6, 2013

26 week twin belly


26 week twin bellyBabies are as long as an English hothouse cucumber, which means about 14 inches long and 1 3/4 to 1 2/3 pounds each (in case you aren't terribly familiar with English hothouse cucumbers).

I am always surprised by how much more they move each week. Every five to ten minutes now I feel one of them move, and its getting a lot stronger. It's pretty easy now for Darren or other people to feel them move. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like Baby B moves around a lot more than Baby A. She's always been on the right side at every ultrasound, and I feel the most movement in the upper right part of my belly.

We had another birthing class Thursday night. We watched an actual labor video in this class. Pretty gross. The last half hour we did breathing exercises and birthing positions while our support person rubbed our shoulders and backs. The teacher also had the men pinch us again to simulate contractions. I am not a big fan of that.

I *think* I may have felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction Friday night. I panicked for a moment wondering if I was going into super early labor. But it went away after I chugged a glass of water.

I'm getting pretty uncomfortable now. Bending over to pick things up off the floor is starting to be a challenge  and today was the first day my yoga class was pretty hard. Some of the moves are difficult with a giant belly in the way. I just keep telling myself, 9 more weeks (based on average twin pregnancy length of 35 weeks). I polled the girls in my twin group on facebook and most delivered around 35 to 37 (with a few super early deliveries around 26 or 28 weeks, and a few that went to 39 or even 40) and it seems about half of the babies spent time in the NICU. Hoping we get lucky and bipass that!

Remember 21 weeks ago when I looked like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment