Friday, April 12, 2013

26 week check up

We saw both the regular OB and the specialist today.

Baby A is head down and on the right (all this time I thought Baby B was moving, it's been A). She weighs 2 lbs 2 oz (30.9 percentile) with a heart rate of 166.

Baby B is butt down (breached) on the left, weighing in at 2 lbs 3 oz (38th percentile) with a heart rate of 160.

Ultrasound #10, Baby B
There's still time for them to flip, but the doctor said its a good sign that Baby A is head down at this point. By the next specialist appointment (four weeks) we should have a better idea. If they stayed like this though, I could deliver vaginally as opposed to a c-section.

At our birthing class last night, we were talking about all the different medications and interventions they can give you during labor. I was talking to the nurse about our unique situation and what our options could be. The hospital really doesn't like it when a twin mom opts not to have a epidural in case they need to do an emergency c-section. The nurse suggested asking the doctor about the possibility of having the catheter placed in my back so I'm ready for the epidural, but waiting to turn the medicine on until I absolutely need it. This made me feel a lot better. I'm not against having an epidural - I've just always wanted to see how it goes and wait until I really needed it and try maybe to go without one. Anyway, my doctor said that was absolutely a possibility so we are going to try that (if I don't have a planned c-section).

My cervix is closed and long (3.5 cm) and they did another FFN test today which I am assuming will be negative. So everything is looking really good for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment