Monday, April 29, 2013

29 week check up

Saw the doctor again today. Appointment was okay.

I am 1 cm dilated and 60 percent effaced (cervix is thinning). This isn't great news, but you can stay at 1 cm dilated for a while before delivery. As a precaution though, I am going to get steroid shots tomorrow and Wednesday to help develop and mature the babies' lungs. The doctor said its very possible I could still make it to 35 or 36 weeks, or I could deliver sooner. The unknown factor makes me so nervous!

Again, for now my goal is 32 weeks. I'm still on bed rest and drinking lots of fluids. If I can make it to 34 weeks, the chance of any long term problems for the babies would basically be non existent and its possible they wouldn't have any (or a lot) of NICU time. Before that though, the doctor said plan on them staying in the NICU until their due date (which is July 13!) Trying not to think about that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment