Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10 lbs of cuteness

The girls turned 14 weeks old this Saturday (eight weeks adjusted) and are now weighing in at 10.11 (Bailey) and 10.15 (Brooklyn) as of yesterday. 

We've had a really awesome last week of sleep. We've been feeding them between 10 and 11, which means they fall asleep by midnight, and then they are waking up around 7 am. I feel so incredible. That's seven straight hours of sleep for me! (For the most part. Sometimes I have to get up and put a pacifier back in. And we still have occasional nights where they wake up at 4 am demanding to be fed. And to be honest I wake up sometimes worried that something is wrong and have to check on them.) They still have yet to sleep in cribs but we have moved them out of our room. They've been sleeping in the rock n play sleepers in the living room. I know I really need to get them to sleep in the nursery in the cribs but they won't sleep in there for some reason. We'll get there.

14 week old twinsMy maternity leave ends in less than two weeks. It makes me super anxious to think about it. We have an interesting schedule worked out for the next few months - home day care on Mondays (found a place from my brother's friend for $65/day which is awesome), I am not working Tuesday (playing stay at home mom one day a week), Wednesday my sister will take them to my parents' house, Thursday I am working from home and my mother-in-law will be coming over to watch them, Friday I am WFH and taking them to my parents' house for my sister to watch. So at least I am easing into it. I'm not sure if I'll work four or five days a week in January but we'll be sending them to the home day care full time (either four or five days) then. I really liked the woman who operates the home day care (it's her and her husband with up to eight kids) and we know people who send their kids there but I am obviously super nervous about sending them to a stranger. I think it will be good for me to go back to work (I really like my job) but I feel conflicted about leaving my kids. I wish I could somehow work and stay at home simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment