Tuesday, October 7, 2014

15 month check up, mom brain, another bloody nose, the muffin man, pumpkin patch

So we had the 15 month check up at the end of September (the girls were basically 16 months, but I had to reschedule due to client meeting).

Bailey: 22 lbs 8 oz, 30.5 inches (50th percentile for adjusted age)
Brooklyn: 21 lbs 4 oz, 29 inches (20th percentile for adjusted age)

They also got four shots each! Took them like champs and only cried for a minute.
  • Flu shot
  • HIB Vaccine
  • Chicken Pox Vaccine
  • Diptheria, Tetnus, Acell, Pertus (DTAP) Vaccine
But everything was good at their check up.

Bailey is still not the greatest sleeper. She consistently wakes up between 5:30 and 6:15 am EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yesterday she woke up at 5:08 a.m. and today she woke up at 3:48 a.m. There is no way I was getting up for the day before 4 a.m. so I turned off the monitor like a bad mommy and listened in bed to her cry on and off for two hours. She must have dozed a little bit but was obviously so tired when I finally gave up and got her up for the day. Both girls have had a bit of cough/cold so maybe that is part of the problem. But 4 a.m. is not going to work!

So in my sleep deprived brain frog, I took Bailey out of her crib and set the monitor and my phone on the stove top. Turned on the back burner to boil water to warm the bottles (my girls don't care for cold milk!) and busied myself with pouring the bottles. Then I realized there was a PROBLEM. I turned on the front burner and the $150 baby monitor was now cooking. I literally melted the monitor. It still works and still fits in the charger at least. And luckily my phone didn't melt. I learned an important lesson that the stove shouldn't double as a table. 

In other news, Brooklyn got her second bloody nose after a nasty spill she took the other day. Poor little girl!

The girls new obsession are books that have buttons you push that make noise. We have an Elmo book I just bought at the twin sale that plays "Do you know the muffin man?" Do you know how many times we have heard this song in the past few weeks? They literally sit with this book in their lap and hit it over and over again, rocking back and forth to the music. Darren actually looked up the muffin man origins on Wikipedia, this is how engrossed in our brains it is. The song dates back to 1820 when an actual muffin man would deliver muffins (the English muffin kind) to your door. While the song usually references Drury Lane, another variation references Dorset Lane. I prefer to sing Strawberry Lane, which I think sounds less awkward than Drury Lane. 

We took the girls this past weekend to the Rockin R Ranch with the twin group. Hayrides, pumpkin patch, hay mountain and petting zoo. We took a thousand pictures. Fun day, but I really think next year they will be super into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment