Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mommy's first post-twin half marathon

Ran my first post-twin half marathon (13.1 miles) this weekend. I've done three half's before (Akron twice and the towpath one). I actually ran Akron's half with Darren about a month before I found out I was pregnant with the girls.

It was a tough run. Obviously it's a lot harder to train with two little babies, so I only ran three times/week after they went to bed or on the weekends (and sometimes only twice a week), and I didn't really cross or strength train like I should have (or at all, ha). We kept increasing our distance run on the weekends so I did run ten miles the weekend before. But to say I was sore would be an understatement. I feel pretty good now though.

Not my best time: 2 hours, 14 mins and 29 seconds (10:15 min/mile pace). My PR was the towpath at 2 hours 2 min. Still, I was really happy with the race. My goal was around 10 to 10:30. Plus I did not anticipate how much the hills on shoreway would suck! 

And wasn't it all worth it anyway for the adorable pictures of these babies holding our medals?????

I'm going to ease off of running for a bit and focus on T-25. Yes, I was sucked in when watching an infomerical one night while Bailey couldn't sleep. It's a ten week program, just 25 minutes a day, five days/week. I'm anticipating some days will be tough to pull it off so I'm going to approach this with some flexibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment