Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stroller Review: Graco Double Quattro Tour Duo Stroller

I bought the Graco Double Quattro Tour Duo Stroller at the moms of multiples sale used, with two Graco Snugride car seats, for $150. It retails new for $229ish without the car seats. So it was an awesome deal. It's not my favorite though.

Pros:

  • Compatible with Graco car seats. Especially important since the twins were preemie and too small to go into other strollers.
  • Easy enough to maneuver. I had no problems pushing the stroller around the block even after my c-section.
  • Simple to load and unload the car seats.
  • Folds down and folds up without any issues.
  • Adequate storage under the stroller. 
  • Cup holders for mommy drinks. 
Cons:

  • Bad shade provided for baby in front (furthest away). It's difficult to load the car seats in with the sun shade provided for the front seat. On top of that, even if you get the car seat in, the shade provides little to no shade for the baby riding in front. I've tried a few alternate solutions to alleviate this problem. The first, was clipping an umbrella to the car seat handles with the car seat strap and hair clips. This worked okay as long as there wasn't any wind. I also use blankets but these get hot in the sunmer. I finally broke down and bought a Brica car seat cover for each baby. I like these because the netting around the seat keeps out bugs and well meaning neighbors that will reach into to touch your babies with potentially dirty hands. It also has a sun visor you can pull over. However, it's a bit bulky and can be annoying to use if you need to put a pacifier back into a crying baby's mouth every two minutes because you'll need to unzip it before you can get inside. I also bought a RayShade canopy extender that can go over the small shade provided with the stroller. I actually really like this.  
  • So heavy. I mean so heavy. The stroller weighs 40 lbs before you put in the car seats and babies. Try lifting that in and out of your trunk.
  • So big. Would not fit in the trunk of my Ford Focus. 
Overall, since I bought this used and paid so little, the stroller is fine. But if you are going to spend around $230 for a brand new one, you might want to try something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment