Friday, September 25, 2015

Morgan eats food, swings at park

Two baby firsts for Morgie Porgie this week!

We started her on baby food. Mixed up some butternut squash that I cooked in the crockpot (thank you Pinterest) in the baby bullet (yeah I'm THAT mom that makes all the baby food). Morgan wasn't feeling it though. Might be a little too early. She only just turned five months. I tried it a second time but she still wasn't that into it so I'll try again in a couple weeks.

Brookly and Bailey, however, lost their shit. Their little toddler minds EXPLODED with excitement. They went crazy wanting to feed Morgan (which we let them. Poor Morgan got a little bit force fed by over eager toddlers) and it was an adorable sister moment. Brooklyn was DEVASTATED when it was time to stop feeding Morgan. We had to show her that she could pretend feed her baby doll. I have never seen B&B so engrossed in an activity before. They were hyper focused on feeding their babies for a half hour straight and would have kept going if we didn't have to finally put them to bed. Very cute moment though.

I am actually still breastfeeding but I've cut down a lot. It was just too hard to pump at work. I started pumping just once a day at four months (supplementing with formula for the rest of the feeds) and dropped all day time pumping at five months. So I'm only BFing at night and in the morning. Morgan was STILL NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT which was making me pretty tired, but she's actually (knock on wood) had an awesome streak of a week and a half where she's gone from 11 to 6 am, and some of those nights she's even gone 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. when I wake her up for daycare. So if she could keep this up, it would make me very happy!

We also let Morgan try out the baby swing at the park. I made up my mind at work that I would put her into it and then Googled it to see if I was a horrible parents. Seems like baby swings are made for 6 months plus but a lot of people put their babies in starting at four months. So we did it. Morgan seemed to really like it!

A few cute shots of her sisters at the park, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZ0DLdkWJY








No comments:

Post a Comment