Tuesday, April 7, 2015

False Labor!

I started having contractions Sunday night. Awesome, I thought, this is it. They were coming every 15 minutes or so at first and I was up all night long. They started coming every eight to ten minutes by morning and I was showered and ready to go by 6 a.m. assuming it would be time to go to the hospital any minute. I talked to the on call doctor who told me to wait until they were every five minutes. So I waited. And they continued all day Monday. By Monday night they were coming every six to eight minutes. And then, THEY STOPPED. What they hell????

Apparently, there is such a thing called false labor. I have never heard of this before but basically it just means you have regular contractions, think you are in labor, and they come and go and you aren't actually in labor. What a tease!

I see the doctor on Thursday so we'll find out if the false labor contractions dilated me any further. The baby definitely dropped though (see picture). Big change for just a couple days.

Could be any day now.....

More info on false labor: http://www.babycenter.com/0_false-labor_491.bc 

No comments:

Post a Comment