Friday, June 21, 2013

The nursery

Here it is!

We went with a Dr. Seuss theme (I love Dr. Seuss. I wrote my senior history thesis on him - very interesting individual. A lot of his books are political allegories against Hitler, the arms race, imperialism, materialism, etc. He also totally revolutionized the way young children learn to read by making fun, colorful and silly characters and using rhymes to tell his stories. But I digress.) Trend Lab makes a variety of Dr. Seuss items (note the pink polka dot look). We didn't want to overwhelm the room with pink so we chose a blue/green color for the walls (waterscape from Sherwin Williams.) Darren did all the prep work and my Aunt Peggy did the actual painting of the walls. The cribs were a gift from my Syracuse girlfriends, the window valances were from my sister-in-law, the hamper from my brother's girlfriend, the mattresses from my friend Amanda and my mother-in-law/father-in-law. I picked up the wall decals from Amazon, the stuffed animals from Kohls and the mobiles, shelves and crib guards from Target. The dressers were a set that my great grandmother used - they just needed a little TLC. Darren and his dad used a spray painter to give them a face lift, and then Kevin painted the pink trim. We are really luck that the room is so huge. It really was made for two kids anyway, so having twins worked out in this case! We can easily fit a queen bed, two cribs, two dressers, a book shelf and a toy organizer with extra space to spare. I may move the rocking chair up there at some point too.
Twin Nursery

Dr. Seuss Nursery

Dr. Seuss Nursery

Dr. Seuss Nursery

Dr. Seuss Nursery

Twin Nursery

Dr. Seuss Nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment